Thursday 2 August 2012

Honk honk zoom

I was just browsing through my old sketchbook and i found this poem that i had written on my way to college. I think i wrote it last year when i used to travel with my father.
One of the disadvantages of travelling in Mumbai is the amount of traffic. It can take hours to reach your destination. Especially during monsoon!
So here goes the poem. Hope you enjoy it.

Peace, quiet, fresh air,
Honk honk zoom,
Home is the only place that lets me breathe normally.
Honk honk zoom,
On my way to college,
Form one signal to the other,
In a crowded place, with hardly any people around.
One person in a car i see;
Is it really necessary?
Carpooling; i think is the way.
Simple maths:
1 person/ car = 1000 cars
4 people/ car = 250 cars
Wont the traffic go down?
At a time, less number of cars would be used in the town.
Three hours to reach the Arabian Sea,
From Mumbai to Mumbai,
Are you kidding me?!
Solutions at hand no one wants to follow,
Suggestions that don't make sense are given though.

Honk honk zooom,
From Thane to Mumbai.

Honk honk zoooom,
Vehicles go through,
Slowly,
Tyres rotate once, BRAKE.
Rotate again, brake.
Spends more time steady than
Rolling on beautiful roads,
Windows down,
Hair flying,
Come outta the dream!
If you open the window,
You'll fall sick!
There is a gas chamber on the Chembur bridge.
The sun shines one minute,
The next minute it rains.
Doesn't wash away dirt, but your mood.
Gloomy weather, now sunny,
Cloud covers, now dark.
Doesn't make sense to me,
Neither would it, to you.
From the start of this poem, until now, I've crossed only 2 meters.
On the Chembur bridge,
Outside is a gas chamber.
I used to go outdoors to get fresh air.
Now i wait to reach home to get some.


No comments:

Post a Comment