Friday 10 January 2014

Japanese Gardens: Where I finally found peace.


Hello to the world!
Soooooooooo....It has been a crazy year and a half since I wrote something on my blog! I mean so many things have happened that I've lost track!
But, here I am, finally and I promise this post is worth your time.
Just a few pointers before I start:
I (moved) am living in Singapore currently, but only until my course ends. So I joined Pastry school (just like I had dreamed) and we were bound apprentice to restaurants/hotels from our school for a year. But my course is a year and a half long. Do the math, so for now I am jobless and in the process of finding ways to make good use of my free time. 
The thing is, I have changed from a couch potato to a person who cannot sit in one place all day. 
As and when I feel like it, I just leave the house to go shopping, window shopping, random places where I have never been like the toy museum or the pretty gardens that Singapore has.


Yesterday was yet another day, where I had nothing to do. That's when I decided to take my camera for a walk. Poor thing had been put away in a dark place. She was feeling lonely and thought she had lost the purpose of her life (no I'm not talking about myself) :P

The Japanese Garden is located in Jurong next to The Chinese Garden (which I didn't know until I got there)
The nearest MRT is Chinese Gardens. But, I got there by bus because I enjoy the scenic beauty that bus rides offer. You know, the whole looking out of the window part and getting lost in your thoughts which is impossible to do in MRTs that run through tunnels.

I have to say when I first entered, I was really disappointed. This is what I saw.
And this is all I cud see until I walked for a few more minutes.

 
  
Then I also saw these pretty pink flowers that made me smile :)

 As I walked further, I came upon a lake and all I could think of was making it my backyard!
Then I noticed the house in the background and I'm so jealous of the person who got that idea before me! I would do anything to have a house somewhere like this. A place that smells like sweet sweet fauna, a pond in front of my house, a garden on the back where I can grow my own veggies. Sigh..When will I become Rich enough to have such a life...

Something that got me more inclined toward the lake was this bridge. Can't you picture a couple on the boat, some man rowing the boat while singing romantic songs. (Me and my hopelessly romantic brain. We should get a room already)
 Finally, I walked further and realised that the way to the gardens was across this bridge!

The three flowering stages of the pretty pink flower that looks like rose as a bud. I'm extremely sorry that I don't have the names of most of the flowers. They should really work on this!!




Just about to blossom Champaka!


Love the marbled effect on thelake!



 I sure am a fan of all things tiny :) Aren't the white mini cuties lovely?



Another miniature temple like thing!


Before and After.


Is it just me or even you think that the Chinese roofs were inspired from this flower?
 

That's Confucius. The philosophy of Confucius emphasized personal and governmental morality, correctness of social relationships, justice and sincerity. Very inspiring man indeed!


I hope you've enjoyed the post. I had a great time over at the gardens yesterday. Come back for more!
Keep smiling :)

No comments:

Post a Comment